MSAR is looking for new members!
- Currently, we are looking for Wilderness First Responders and experienced EMS providers with Maryland EMR, EMT, CRT or Paramedic certification.
- Are you available to respond to SAR/Wilderness EMS incidents in Maryland and thru out the Mid-Atlantic area?
- Are you physically fit and mentally tough?
- Are you a military veteran looking for an important mission?
- If you're a young person, at least 14 years in age, do you want to become a leader and learn about Wilderness Search and Rescue?
- Are you interested in a career with Police, Fire, Rescue, Teaching, or Park Service?
- Are you retired and looking to use your skills to help a growing non-profit organization (e.g. Fund raising, Organizational Development, Outreach, Team Dispatch)?
Category Archives: Uncategorized
A SAR field team is never a single person, for obvious safety reasons. Depending on the task assignment and field conditions, a team may vary from two to as many as twenty or more. It is useful to think about … Continue reading
So you are about to camp out. This may be planned or unplanned depending on how you day has gone. Hopefully you have given yourself some good options – because there are many ways to sleep in the woods. If … Continue reading